Are you an expectant mother? Congratulations! Tell your friends, and make sure to send them all save the date cards so no one misses the most important day of your lives. But, until that wonderful day arrives, how are you expected to ensure your pregnancy is as safe, comfortable, and enjoyable as it deserves to be?
In spite of having the benefit of technological/medical advances that our grandparents didn’t have, pregnancy and childbirth can still be daunting challenges for many women. Luckily there are several means of support that can help you weather the hardships involved in bringing a new life into the world. You might even find them coming from the most unlikely of places.
Mobile devices are changing the world and how we handle it, and this even includes ensuring that women can give 100% towards maintaining a healthy pregnancy. But, with so many apps out there (of varying – sometimes downright awful – quality), how are expectant mothers going to know which ones to avoid? Well, luckily for any will-be moms out there, I have scoured the iTunes App Store for 4 invaluable apps for expectant mothers. While some of these apps include similar features, each one has something that makes it unique. Regardless of mommy’s needs, these apps should have her covered.
4. Aesop: Popular Baby Names
For many parents, choosing the right name for their baby is one of the most important decisions they will make throughout the entire process of child birth. The problem arises in that there are literally hundreds of thousands – if not millions – of names! How is any one to know what name best suits their baby-to-be?
Well, with Aesop: Popular Baby Names, picking a name for your bundle of joy has never been easier. Seriously; just look at all of these features:
- Learn the origins of potential baby names, as well as their meanings.
- Browse for the most popular names in the US, Sweden, Ireland, Australia, and more.
- Parents can even create a list of favorites, for when the time comes to choose the name that best suits your daughter or son.
- Cost is very reasonable at $0.99!
3. Sculpt My Pregnancy
One of the least enjoyable aspects pertaining to pregnancy is the physical discomfort that comes from walking, bending, and reaching for two. With the Sculpt My Pregnancy app, mothers-to-be no longer have to suffer the common aches and strains associated with pregnancy. This affordable app includes:
- A no-risk workout regimen for every month, which consists of three (3) stretches and fifteen (15) exercises. No two months feature the same exercises and stretches.
- All exercises are demonstrated by individual videos, so mothers can see the routine in action.
- Ability to take notes on anything mothers may need to record, including sets and repetitions.
- Cost of only $3.99!
2. Pamper’s ‘Hello Baby’ Pregnancy Calendar
Part of what sets this particular app apart from the rest is that it comes from one of the most trusted names in pregnancy and childbirth. The only potential downside is that some users have reported that the app schedules their due dates a week ahead of normal calendars. As long as you make note of this, and pay more attention to what your healthcare provider tells you, you should be fine.
The features included in this app are stunning, especially given its cost (or lack thereof):
- Watch your baby’s progress with life-sized images that adapt with your own baby’s progress.
- Get as close to living in your baby’s world by using the Womb Translator, which allows you to hear what your baby’s surroundings may sound like.
- 360 degree view of a typical baby during three pivotal weeks: Weeks 6, 12, and 24.
- A great bargain, as the app is absolutely free!
Mothers-to-be should own the definitive pregnancy app on the market, and now they can! With Sprout, expectant mothers can keep track of virtually every aspect of their pregnancies.
The features of this particular app include:
- Amazing 3D models that grow along with your baby, so no matter what stage of development your baby is in, the model allows you to see an approximation of each and every change your baby will go through. They even adapt to your baby’s gender as it becomes apparent.
- Several trackers that help you keep thorough records of important information, such as: Kick counter, contraction timer, doctor’s appointments, and more!
- Daily tips created by the professionals at Parents Magazine.
- A convenient Doctor Visit Planner allows expectant mothers to keep track of appointments, list questions to ask, and log the answers their doctors or midwifes provide.
- Extremely fair price of only $3.99!
- And more…
If you want to experience the joy of pregnancy, but would rather eliminate a great deal of the worries, curiosities, and aches and pains that often come with it, you owe it to yourselves to give these apps a try.
There’s no reason not to, as all four of the apps I highlighted are compatible with both the iPhone and iPad – so, no matter where you are or where you’re headed, you can make sure both you and your baby get there in the best of health.
About the author: Jordan Siron is a freelance writer and blogger living in Orlando, FL. The son of a midwife, he understands and appreciates the concerns of expectant mothers.